Thursday, May 19, 2011

recon



Two months ago, before Wendy and I had really broke the news about moving to Miami to start a church for people that don't like church, we prayed for confirmation. One Saturday afternoon, I was on facebook and sent a "how are you" message to a friend who had left me a voice mail to give him a call, which I had not done yet. Wendy walked by and saw the message and said "wow, Joel?" I replied, yeah, wouldn't it be great to see him in Miami? She said, if there was anyone, it would be Joel that would be most likely to show up there."

I was surprised to see he responded quickly, so, I sent back another message saying were were leaving the house and to give me a call. My phone rang before I even left the house. When in the car, I asked, "so, what's going on with you?" To my absolute shock and amazement, he said, "well, I know this is weird, but, I feel like God wants me to move to Miami." "WHAT?", I replied. He said, "yeah, I feel like I'm supposed to go help with a church there and I don't even know which one, but, I feel like I'm supposed to do it. So, I'm selling everything I have to get my car fixed and then I'm moving to Miami." About 4 weeks later someone bought him a plane ticket.

So, Mr. Anderson, code name "NEO" is our agent on the street. He's in the Miami matrix, right now, gathering intel for the operation. Periodically, I'll be posting pic's he's taking.


YOUR MISSION: Pray for his safety and provision, pray for the individuals he comes in contact with.

 

Homeless guy riding the bus circuit
with all his can foods and belongings.


Our Father's House Soup Kitchen


No comments:

Post a Comment