Thursday, May 5, 2011

i'm on fire!

HELP ME BABY JESUS! I'M ON FIRE!
I was sleeping last night, well, not really sleeping, I was semi-lucid. My mind was drifting from here to there, thinking about the struggles we face today and about this task of moving the family 1300 miles away to a strange city to start a church and to serve the poor. It all became very overwhelming. I just could not wrap my mind around how we were going to pull it all off. I always seem to see small issues as these great big giant obstacles. I laid there and prayed "God, the whole world seems to be against us here." A calm voice said "Psalms 12" after that I drifted off to sleep.
This morning I read Psalms 12 and it started off with "Help God!" and went on to say how God would protect those who were being hammered by the world. I then read Romans 8, which is part of the Verve reading plan, where Paul discusses hope. Hope is for what we don't see yet, but, we know is coming.

I'm amazed how God helps us put in perspective how small, maybe even imaginary, the obstacles in our lives are, compared to his plan. Needless to say, I was very encouraged today.

Today is the National Day of Pray and my prayer is simply this-  
"HELP! God, please help!"

No comments:

Post a Comment