Tuesday, May 17, 2011

truth be told ~

I wonder who came up with the idea that God doesn't hear our prayers when we've sinned?

I’d like to get a-hold of that guy (by the neck) and wring out the reasoning behind that idea. Really now, does sin render God deaf? Is he really unable to hear because of sin? Adam and Eve sinned and God heard them just fine. In fact, he not only heard them, he went looking for them. Though sin definitely changed their lives, God still went after them, calling for them and he found them, naked and hiding in fear.

So what did he do when he found them? Did he smoke ‘em? No, he talked with them and clothed them and sent them out of the paradise he made for them and into the world. He also started in motion the plan of mankind’s redemption. That’s how much he loved them, that’s how much he loves us.

Jesus said, "who of you, having 100 sheep, after losing one wouldn’t leave the other 99 and go find that one lost sheep?" Not only do I think it’s a lie that God does not hear our prayers when we sin, I think it’s the opposite of what God wants from us. I think he is waiting eagerly for us to pray when we have sinned. I mean, how much faster would you find that lost sheep if it was calling out to you?

When we move to Miami to start a church for people that don’t like church, we are going to encourage people to pray where ever they are. If they are "close" to God or very very far from God. I think God is eagerly waiting to hear from them. I think God is eagerly waiting to hear from you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment