Saturday, June 4, 2011

pickers

So I got the day off from helping my bro-in-law, Mike, on his house in Sturgeon. So to fill the void, my daughter Ruthie and I went out to see if there were any yard sales in the area. I have to admit that I love yard sales! I also love the tv show American Pickers, which is about a couple of guys that go around and buy junk from people and resell it.

So, after a couple of hours and 16 yard sales later, we came back with:

A beanie baby (for Ruth) $1
A blood pressure thing with a stethoscope (for Jason) - $3
A soft pack coleman cooler so the twins can sell bottled water to the baseball crowd up the street - $3
A brand new pet carrier to move the cat to Miami - $3.35
and Two Army foot lockers $15

The thing I like about American Pickers is they see the treasure in junk. Which reminds me of how Jesus sees us. He sees through all the dirt and grime and rust and says, now that's something worth dying for.

No comments:

Post a Comment