Sunday, June 12, 2011

downer


No such thing as an overachiever!
 The past couple of days has been a little discouraging for us as we feel we are way behind where we need to be with the process of moving to Miami and starting a church as a whole. We're putting together our strategic plan, a time line of goals and a support letter. The strategic plan is going to outline everything we plan to do and is pretty close to being a small book. The time line and support letter are minimal at best, but, very important. With this work load ahead of us and very little behind us, the tasks at hand seem monumental. Well, enough of me whining.....

On Friday we read II Corinthians 2, in the Verve Bible reading plan, and the beginning of the chapter really got me. Seems Paul had a small problem with dumping on people when he went through hard times, but, in verse 2 is says: “For if I grieve you, who is left to make me glad but you whom I have grieved?” In other words, he's saying “I need cheered up! But if all I do is dump on you, then you get depressed and then you can't cheer me up!”

At Operation Miami, we're going to be open, honest and authentic, but, not brutally open, brutally honest and brutally authentic, you know, to the point of bringing people down, 'cause then our source of encouragement is gone.

Whenever I have doubts or discouragement, one of the things I do is try to see what God has done, is doing and will continue to do. I do this by reading or watching stories of how people came to God and how he changed them. When I do this, I see things with a whole new perspective. The mountains become mole hills as I remember why we're doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment