Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Faces of Love!

Blog Post by Wendy Kauffman  
Love.  What a small, powerful word.  It has the potential to change the world.  To change us.  Most of us seem to excel at self love, but selfless love...that's harder to come by, and it's that selfless love poured out that makes even the harshest cynic stop and take notice. 

I think we came to that discovery this past week. We were invited by a group of homeless that we spend time with to come to a BBQ at the park where they live and listen to the football game on the radio. For whatever reason, this really hit me pretty hard. I was so astonished that they would want us to come and share in that with them. Then yesterday Jeff came back from taking them pizza again and he said that Cynthia said to say hello. I have never met her before and she is acknowledging me to my husband.

I was really thinking about this during my prayer time today. We are going to them to simply show God's unconditional love for them, but I forget about their capacity to love as well. They want and need people in their lives to show love too. I think what I am realizing about the the poor and those who suffer is that they know quite a bit about selfless love. Could it be because it's what brings meaning and fullness to their lives?  Could it be that they understand more about what Love is than we do?   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment