Friday, October 7, 2011

to busy for God

Did a small moving job today, it was for an older lady that was living in an efficiency appartment in Hollywood Beach. She moved a couple miles inland to another efficiency appartment that she said was cheap enough to justify moving. Her daughter lives in New Hampshire, yet handled everything she could over the phone for her mother. It seemed like the mother was very lost without her daughter.

The mother asked why we moved to Miami and I was able to tell her.  She then asked me to "sprinkle water on her new appartment". I told her I would be glad to pray wither her. When the last box was unloaded, she sat there kind of in a daze. I think she was trying to figure out where to start unpacking. If only her daughter had been there, she would have known. I asked if she wanted to pray and she was very happy to do so. She started to cry after a short prayer. It made me realize how disconected to God we get when we get to busy.

You never know where or when God is going to use you to turn someone's attention towards Him. Looking for opportunities to show God's love requires a new mindset and that can be hard. But, the implications can be life changing.

Please pray that while we are so busy working and wondering what to do next that we don't loose sight of the hurting and lonely right in front of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment