Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Obama phones

The other morning I sent out a few text messages to some of the homeless guys, letting them know breakfast would be ready for them at 9am at the park. It might surprise you that almost every homeless person on the streets has a government cell phone. It makes it easy to catch up with them, if they are not out of minutes. They only get 250 minutes a month.

After a while I got a text back from Dwayne that said "got to work, but, thanks anyway". I was glad he was working, but, sad I wouldn't be seeing him.

At about 9:30 a guy I had never met before walked right up and grabbed a place to sit like he had known me for years. We talked about everything and I could see that God had given him a gift. He has the ability to make friends where ever he goes and there isn't an ounce of judgmentalism in him.

Come to find out Dwayne sent him over. I can see that God has big plans for this guy and would love it if you would pray for him, his name is Brian.

Also. please pray for ponytail Jerry, old man Jerry and Minah-bird, who are all locked up in county for soliciting donations (panhandling) without a permit.

No comments:

Post a Comment