Thursday, December 1, 2011

Disturbed!

Blog Post by Wendy Kauffman
I ran across this prayer that Sir Francis Drake wrote...

"Disturb us, Lord, when
We are too pleased with ourselves,When our dreams  have come true
Because we dreamed too little,
When we arrived safely
Because we sailed too close to the shore.
Disturb us, Lord, when
With the abundance of things we possess We have lost our thirst For the waters of life;
Having fallen in love with life,
We have ceased to dream of eternity
And in our efforts to build a new earth,
We have allowed our vision
Of the new Heaven to dim.
Disturb us, Lord, to dare more boldly,
We ask you to push back
The horizons of our hopes;
And to push back the future
In strength, courage, hope, and love.
This we ask in the name of our Captain,Who is Jesus Christ."

As I was reading this I thought to myself, well I think I am pretty Disturbed already. Most everyone I know thinks that I am pretty well crazy and would probably say that I am very disturbed! So I am just writing this blog to say that you should probably watch out then, because I am going to ask God to disturb me some more. I am going to keep asking Him to help me push the borders and boundaries of how I show love to others. I am going to ask him to help me dare more, and dream bigger and take bigger risks by sailing a little more off shore.

What about you? What do you think will happen if you ask God to push back the horizon of your hopes and your future? What do you think He will do?

No comments:

Post a Comment