Monday, April 8, 2013

almost

They say "almost" doesn't count for anything but horseshoes and hand grenades.

 I think "almost" can be pretty amazing, like when Ryan Lochte won the 400 meter individual medley in the 2012 Olympics last summer. He won the event and "almost" beat Michael Phelps world record set in 2008. To me, that's pretty amazing!

Or that time when the chocolate guy and the peanut butter guy "almost" didn't collide, Recess peanut butter cups "almost" never got invented! To me, that's pretty amazing!


Before I had neck surgery, on February 19th, we figured out how much it was going to take to keep ReMerge going and pay all our bills while I was healing and unable to work. The amount seemed staggering, especially since we didn't have any money. I "almost" didn't go through with the surgery. Miraculously, people from all over the country started sending us money. We "almost" have enough now and to me, that's pretty amazing!

I had my 6 week post operation checkup last week, I went fully expecting to be healed and released by the doctor to go back to work. He said, "almost".......unfortunately, I was disappointed and have an additional 6 week extended sentence to wear the neck brace with a 5 pound lifting restriction. I have to say, I got depressed, I am very ready to get back to normal life.

However, when I look back and see the fires God has taken us through and how many times we "almost" gave up, I can rest assured knowing we are "almost" through this and in John 14:18 Jesus says "I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you..." and I think that's pretty amazing!

Every time he has come to us, every time God is faithful. Please keep praying for us and for  ReMerge, that when we "almost" quit, something else pretty amazing happens.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you are pressing on bro and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete