Thursday, December 6, 2012

Trash Can Love?

So I was pulling out of the driveway the other day when my neighbor approached me. She wanted to talk about our trash cans. So apparently before moving in to our house our landlord told our neighbor she could have one of our big trash cans for her little recycling can. 

This really took me back. Since moving in, we have not met any of our neighbors. Although we plan to do so, we have been gone and just being back for a week or so, just have not had the time to get out and do it.

I guess it felt heartbreaking to me that the first conversation that I was having with my neighbor is about our trash cans, but this is the reality of living in one of the most unfriendly cities in the country.

I hope and pray we can be a catalyst for change. We moved to Miami to show God's love and grace to those here in this city. I guess we are going to have to get creative and do it, even if it involves trash cans!

No comments:

Post a Comment