Saturday, December 15, 2012

Take Heart

Blog Post by Wendy Kauffman

I woke up a few days ago to the news that a homeless man had been killed. He lived behind an auto parts store not far from where we live. Everyone in the area knew him and knew him to be a kind-hearted man that spent a lot of time on his laptop. It was his prized possession, and that is what they killed him for. 2 young men attacked him behind the auto parts store. Fortunately, they were caught, but not before they took the life of an innocent man. My heart broke. I cried.

Fast forward a few days and I was crying again. Crying over the horrific tragedy that happened in Connecticut. No one knows why! It is not explainable! We struggle to understand why life on this earth must be so hard sometimes. I wish I knew! I heard this song yesterday and it reminded me of just how much God Loves Us. It reminded me that God used the ultimate tragedy to bring life. It reminded me that we are not defeated,  That we have overcome.

I hope and pray that no matter what you are experiencing whether related to this tragedy or another, that you will know God loves you so much and He weeps with you and He tells you, Take Heart, I have overcome!




No comments:

Post a Comment