Monday, September 24, 2012

Scars

Blog Post by Wendy Kauffman

"We all have scars, but as we run our fingers along their rough edges may we not have bitterness or self-pity or guilt; may we feel redeemed." - Mike Donehey

This is a quote from the lead singer of the band Tenth Avenue North. I am kind of partial to this band because they are local boys here from Florida. I love this quote! There are so many times that I feel like my life has been defined by the scars that I have. For me, the scars come from Health Issues I have had, From mistakes that I have made, and from the many ways that I have hurt or been hurt by others.

We all have them, Scars that is. They may not be visible to the naked eye but they are there. A few days ago we were reading in the book of Joshua with our kids. We were talking with our kids about faith and believing that God is on our side and that he never leaves us. For the first time in a year, they have seeds of doubt, they are wondering why it feels like God has left us and why it is so hard right now. They are suffering from the scars that the last few weeks have brought. I just want them to know that scars, as awful as they feel, look or seem at the time, are signs of Hope! It means we have been healed of something! Our scars are a sign of Grace and Mercy!

Then I thought of this song by Gungor.






No matter who you are, where you are at in your journey, that you can see your scars and be filled with hope. Know that God makes beautiful things!

1 comment: