Sunday, July 1, 2012

Discouraged?

Blog Post by Wendy Kauffman

Confession: I get discouraged easily. I think we all get discouraged, but some hit that point sooner than others. It is kind of frustrating to me because it takes a lot longer for Jeff to get discouraged. I can get frustrated, discouraged and be ready to give up and I turn around and there is Jeff getting ready for a marathon. I am so glad God put him in my life and this is one of the many reasons. I can't tell you the number of times I have said I quit and there he is telling me all the time: "God is faithful."

One of the the other things that I have to do frequently to keep from getting discouraged is spending a lot of time talking with God. This can seem strange to a lot of people but it really helps me. I sometimes will find myself yelling at God, crying out to God and thanking God all in a 5 minute time span.
I also make it a point to spend time alone with God everyday. This can be very hard to do with my busy life but I find it essential for my sanity. I need to be encouraged by God.

So yesterday in time alone I came across these verses: Look straight ahead, and fix your eyes on what lies before you. Mark out a straight path for your feet, stay on the safe path. Don't get sidetracked, keep your feet from following evil. Proverbs 4:25-27

In other words when I get discouraged, this is what God is saying to me. Wendy, don't get sidetracked by all the peripheral stuff. What is the main goal here? What are you trying to do? Stay focused on the main thing. Don't get sidetracked by all you don't know, move forward in what you do know. Get busy doing THAT. In the meantime keep yourself from following what is evil and can sidetrack you. Don't make any rash, big decision while you are discouraged. Just stay on the path you are on. This will pass, it always does. No, don't quit. Never give up. Keep your eyes on me. I can handle this. I got your back. You do what is right in the right way. Stay the course. I'll take care of the rest. Do you trust me to do that???

I assume that I am not the only one who gets discouraged and needs help to move forward. This is what I feel God is saying to me in this scripture. I hope today that no matter what you are going through or what you are being asked to do that you remember that God has got your back. Do you trust him?

No comments:

Post a Comment