Thursday, March 1, 2012

Hard Days Night!

Blog Post by Wendy Kauffman

I have not been sleeping very well lately. Not because of all the stress that most would think. I mean there are normal every day things that are going on. Work, home-schooling the kids, waiting to find out if the girls get to go to a new school, getting the girls ready for another audition if they don't get into the new school, trying to get Ruth to the swim club to try out, getting Ruth over to Pousada to have her lemonade stand for the homeless, making sure the twins get outside for an hour or so every day so they don't karate chop everything in sight(tennis seems to really help them burn some energy off and we have a great court 2 blocks from where we live), making sure we have everything we need for goodie bags to hand out to the homeless(just remembering we need cracker stix and cheese dip), cleaning the house, making sure the kids are taking care of their animals, grocery shopping for the week(seems I am forgetting to eat a lot here lately, but don't worry the kids don't seem to have that problem), making sure the laundry is done. You know all the normal doings of any wife and mom.

No, the reason why I can't sleep, I just want to do more. I can't get my mind off of the all of the things that we could be doing and aren't yet. There are so many things that I know God has brought us here to do. Yes, we are going out a few times a week to be with the homeless, we are meeting people every day who need encouragement and community and we can be that for them, but God is stirring so much in me for the women who are on the street and in the clubs, women who have not yet been told about how much God loves them, how much he adores them and how much He wants to rescue them. Today and everyday for the last few weeks, that has been a huge burden on my heart.

I just finished reading the book "The Life of the Beloved" and now I feel like all I want to do is go tell everyone I meet how much God adores them. How much He cherishes them. How much He wants to rescue them. I had the opportunity to meet 2 ladies last Monday that are what some might call industry ladies. They had been on the street for a long time. They were very professional. They were also very sad, they were very broken and very tired. You could tell they wanted something more than what the life they were leading could offer them, but they just did not know how to go from where they were, to where they wanted to be.

Honestly, most of us at one point and time in our lives, could say the same exact thing. No, not all of us have ever had to go to that place of desperation and do what they are doing to make ends meet, but I think all of us could say at one point and time in our lives that we wanted to be someone different or do something different with our lives. We want to pursue our passions, we want to go after the things that excite us. Most of us don't know how.

One thing I have learned this past week is that we all have the ability in us to give others the push they need to get out of the rut they are in and into a new game. That thing is called LOVE. We are all capable of it. We can all recieve it and we can all give it.

When we moved to Miami to start an outreach to the poor and a church for people who are far from God, we knew the people God would be sending us to, we knew exactly where God was calling us and who He was calling us to. Now, I just want to go after it with everything I am. I realize today that I am not sleeping at night because it burns inside of me and all I want to do is "Just do it." 

Please pray for us as we take new steps into unknown areas that God will guide us and direct us and that each and every person that we come in contact with will know how valuable they are and how much they are loved and How there is a God who is coming to rescue them from the "Hard days night" they are facing too.

No comments:

Post a Comment