Wednesday, July 20, 2011

hope

I was talking to a Realtor that's looking for a house for us in the North Miami area. I made the statement that I was suprised there were so few churches in the area (42) and I asked her why she thought that was. Her reply was that people in the area are just not that interested. I was going to ask her why she thought so, but, before I could, she explained. She said, "I am one of Jahovah's Witnesses and I have noticed when we go out that people just don't want to hear it."

One of the great things about being a follower of Jesus is, there is hope, real hope. We have the greatest message there is, the message of reconciliation between God and man. The thing is, you don't have to be an awesome speaker or preacher to share this message. Anyone can do it!

One of the things I learned working with political campaigns is that you must have 3 points of contact to make a positive impact on a potential voter. Likewise, when we move to Miami to start a church for people that are just not that interested, we will be canvassing the neighborhoods with mailbox hangers, door mail and neighborhood events (like block parties), because I think everyone is interested in real hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment