Thursday, August 18, 2011

kid stuff

I read Matthew 18 today and the disciples asked Jesus who was the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven and in verses 2-5 it says-

He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them. And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me.

Often I've heard that this scripture means that our faith needs to be like the faith of a child, but I think it's much more than that. Jesus said if we don't change and become like little children, we'll never enter the kingdom of heaven. So what are some of the attributes of a child?

 
They are curious about everything
They are fed by their parents
They make best friends everywhere they go
They are led by their parents
They are clothed by their parents
They are taught by their parents
When lost in a crowd they stop and scream until they are found


So, how often do I rely on God like a little kid relies on his dad? I would say that on a scale of 1 to 10, I rely on God at about a 5. There is definately room for improvement.

When we move to Miami, in just 3 short weeks, please pray that we become like little children and rely on God for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment